Monday 2 February 2015

Taylor 810C nut repair


Over this weekend I worked on this beautiful Taylor 810C, the owner had cut the original nut a bit short so instead of the usual new nut he wanted to keep the original, I filled the nut with bone dust and glued it.

There are some high res photos of the finished guitar at the end

This was the original slot, The slots are cut too deep to give enough clearance for the first fret


I used some bone dust from a nut I had previously cut, if you don't have bone you can use wood or plastic dust. 


Once the slots were packed i dropped one drop of glue into the slots

after 24 hours it was fully cured and I could recut the slots, i also lowered the saddle a fraction so the action could be low like the owner requested.

This si the nut with new strings and all cleaned up









No comments:

Post a Comment