Friday 30 January 2015

Warmoth Custom Strat

I had the pleasure of working on this lovely Warmoth Custom build,
The customer wanted the lowest action he could get so I few bits and pieces needed doing.

Sorry about the poor quality of the WIP photos, they're pulled from the photos I sent doing the work to the customer, there are some high res photos at the end :D

I started off with getting the neck relief sorted, on this neck it there's a small nut for side adjusting the truss rod

I popped the neck off and had a look at the pocket, it was still having problems with buzzing after a set up so I wondered if it had a shim or something in there, I found a shim at about 1mm, I changed it for a 0.5mm and it sorted out the over all buzz. 

The frets needed some work, not much but there were a couple of high frets

I tried tapping them with a hammer and it helped a bit but they still needed some work

After a bit of leveling they worked out great

Here's o high res photos of the final set up






No comments:

Post a Comment